Monday, July 18, 2011

Feelin' Crafty

One part of being home for the summer that I totally love is having time to be creative. Last week I was busy crafting and decorating. Two of my favorite things:)

I've been changing up our family room, switching out green pillows and decor for blue. I also add these panels to each side of the windows. I'm now thinking about painting the fireplace white.

Here is a bad photoshop photo of what it might look like.
Hopefully, I can talk Mark into it!

I sewed the striped pillow on the left.

I spray painted my old red lanterns 
to make them look new again.


I also got this new patio set at Target's end of the season sale! 
70% off! WooHoo! I love clearance sales!

An added bonus, the chairs came in a big box, which Ella has had so much fun playing in.

As I was cruising around my favorite blogs, I came across these tutorials for all the cute ideas below.

Rolled Flower Headbands




Sweet Yellow Flower Headband


I even made a headband for myself. Ella and I wore these out shopping last week, and got lots of compliments. Maybe I should start making them to sell??

I also played around with wire to make these cute little signs.



On a totally other note, we had a Pizza and Wii Party last Saturday.
Someone was really excited to play Wii with Daddy.

We played Just Dance. I have to admit,
I'm the worst dancer of them all!
Maybe I should be practicing on my summer break!


What a fun night, any pride was checked at the door. I can't wait for the next Wii dance night to embarrass myself again.
Thanks Friends!

2 comments:

  1. so sorry to have missed the WII party! You know I am always down for a good dance off. Next time we will have to try Just Dance 2. Haven't given that one a spin yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I LOVE all the new crafts! So cute

    ReplyDelete