Friday, August 3, 2012

Getting Ready For Sister!

My very first blog back in 2009 was about getting the nursery ready for Ella. It was fun to see how much our lives and family have changed since then...new house, Ella is now a busy toddler, and we have a new addition ready to join us any day..
hopefully any hour now:)


As I have been home for the summer, I've been slowly working on litttle sister's nursery and Ella's big girl room. I'm loving both rooms, especially the nursery. It might be my favorite room in the house.

Here is what we started with... dirty minty green wall and oak window castings.
Here it is today, I feel like I'm almost done. It needs a lamp, a few more accessories and of course some pictures of our newest addition.
I used a lot of the same things from Ella's room- chair, crib, mirror, side table and got a few new things- dresser, shelves and accessories.




I've also been busy crafting and creating ideas that I found on pinterest. 
{Oh, I LOVE PINTEREST!}

Now on the Ella's big girl room which is just through the bathroom from little sister's nursery.
This was my parent's bed that my mom bought at a garage sale almost 40 years ago. I used it all through high school and college. I love this antique bed and knew it would be perfect for my big girl.
Ella has a pretty big room, making this full size bed perfect fit.
I DIYed this fun flower light fixture to cover up the boring light that is up there.

I'm wanting to build  in some sort of corner window seat/storage area someday.


You'll never guess what Ella's favorite part of her new bed is....



JUMPING!
This girl is CRAAAAZY for Jumping!
She also loves to have Mommy or Daddy snuggle in and read books.
How could you say no to that sweet face?

Hope you've enjoy these little room tours! Hopefully our next post will include our newest little love!

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I can't wait until we can buy a house again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun girlie rooms, love all your touches and the antique bed! Your little one couldn't be more adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness...their rooms are precious!! I love Ella's bed, and would love to find one for my little girl! GREAT job!!

    ReplyDelete